Week nights are busy with homework & dance activities, so quick, healthy, and easy dinners are always great to have ready for my family!
- 4 small to medium zucchini (quartered)
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 red or green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Large can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Brown ground turkey, onion, and bell pepper over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add minced garlic, tomatoes, and spices. Stir well and cover. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add zuchinni. Stir well and cover. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Don’t over cook zucchini. Should be fork tender, but still firm.
- Serve as is or with brown rice or another veggie.
- Reheats well for lunch the next day.
- If you prefer more heat you can use 2 10oz cans of rotel or spicy salsa in the place of diced tomatoes.
- I don’t cook red meat, but you could substitute with lean beef.
- This is a quick 30 minute low carb meal!
- This could be easily switched to an instant pot meal.
- Would also be good with zucchini & squash.