After a day home with our little monsters & two of the girls’ friends, Matt & I went over for an evening of fun at two of my favorite people’s house to celebrate Scott’s birthday. I had planned to go with Matt to his best friend/brother’s afterwards, but turns out Bitty wanted to pull an all nighter and I just couldn’t leave Maw-Maw stuck out with my sleepy little monster. We were going to pick up Bitty, but she surely would have crashed on the way to her Paran’s and we came home to a house full of monsters that are still awake. So I pushed my love out the door for a continued evening of fun at Phil’s and I am the lucky mama that gets to snuggle with our little one and listen to the giggles from upstairs from these little ladies’ slumber party. Thanks again Maw-Maw for the brief monster less moment. I know I say I hate being away from them, but I know it’s good to break away from them occasionally…I guess:/ ha ha.
I’m not sure how I feel about this new tantrum of Bitty’s! It was cute at first. Until pass the sippy cup became I am mad at you and going to throw this sippy at you repeatedly! She literally keeps throwing it at me, cries, comes over and grabs the stinkin’ sippy and tosses it at me again! It’s a good thing she is adorable. This can’t possibly already be the terrible twos kicking in? Little monster face!
No sooner than I posted the blog did I get a call that our lil Buggie was ready to come home. She did however play there for 7ish hours! I can’t help but to be a little happy. I’m not quite ready for her to grow up. Bunny however is having her first sleep over at a neighborhood friends and I doubt I will get another call!
How did this happen? My little Buggie needs to slow down! Didn’t she just started preschool five days ago and tonight she is having her first sleepover at a neighborhood friend’s with her big sister! I am preparing myself for the phone call in the middle of the night to pick her up. When I know I should really be preparing myself to wake up and realize she is a big girl and having fun still!
Advice for my son…(nephews and Godsons)
1. Never misplace your faith in God.
2. While you may sometimes wish I would get off of your back, remember I am always the one that has your back.
3. You will always be my baby. Even when you’re a little old man. Deal with it.
4. When you move out, call us & visit when you’re able. While we are thrilled to watch your next chapter unfold, you have no idea how much you’re presence will be missed.
5. Money & material items aren’t everything. Don’t ever let either go to your head.
6. Stand up for those that can’t stand up for themselves.
7. Be healthy!
8. I’ve been there, done that on more things you can imagine. I’m not stupid and I know what you’re doing. I was once your age and ten times worse.
9. While I can’t wait to be a Maw-Maw don’t rush in to being a dad. It is harder than it looks. Remember some ladies try to get pregnant!
10. Always treat a lady with the respect your dad gives me and the respect you would want a fella to give your sisters or daughter someday.
11. Know how to use tools and to sew on a button.
12. The job of a stay at home mom is equally as hard as yours. Offer to help when you get home.
13. If a girl tries to change you she doesn’t really love you, no matter how much you’re into her.
14. Learn to forgive. It’s not as easy as it looks.
15. When shaking a man’s hand, always look him in the eye.
16. If you get arrested, call me. You get one free get out of jail.
17. What others think of you is none of your business. What matters is how you feel about yourself.
18. Accept others for who they are.
19. Wherever you are in life, always know you can come home.
20. Think before you ink. No face tattoos and no job stoppers.
21. No means no. In every possible circumstance.
22. If I yell at you, it’s because I love you. And also because you pissed me off. To avoid the latter, don’t be an idiot.
23. Cover it. (Enough said.)
24. Never EVER hit a girl for any reason! With that said, never stay in a relationship with a lady that thinks it’s okay to hit you.
25. You WILL make mistakes in life. Learn from them. Don’t beat yourself up over something you can’t change.
26. Real men love Jesus.
27. Housework is not just a woman’s job. Know how to cook, know how to clean, know how to do laundry. Never ever think you are too good to help your mom or help your lady.
28. It is never acceptable to break up with a girl by phone or online.
29. Always be polite. Open doors for people. And for God’s sake respect your elders.
30. You are the funniest person I know.
31. Lift the toilet seat & put it back down when you are done. Even if you live alone. Believe me no girl will feel romanced if she falls in your john.
32. It is okay to cry.
33. Take the road less traveled.
34. Be friends with people you wouldn’t be embarrassed to bring around your family. This goes for dating as well.
35. Count your blessings, not your problem.
36. Never be in too much of a hurry when you get behind the wheel of a car. You will never be able to live with yourself if you kill someone due to your carelessness.
37. Remember your roots.
38. Don’t ever get behind the wheel of a car drunk or in the car with someone that is. Call us ANYTIME for a ride. Yes, it will likely piss me off. But I would be proud of your responsibility.
39. Love your siblings, even if you don’t like them. Some day you will be trying to get them to take care of me in my old age. If they are mad at you, you may be the one to get stuck with me. Remember you have a one in four chance! Don’t screw it up!
40. When I tell you to clean up your room don’t point out the fact that mine is messy. I’m trying to raise you to be better than me.
41. Don’t cheat! If you can’t find happiness in your relationship, break up with her. It will scar her longer than you know if she discovers you cheated. And she will, women have the ability to find out anything.
42. Table manners. Use them.
43. Race is just a skin color. It is what lies beneath that matters.
44. A dutch oven is never funny, ever.
45. Men can ask for directions. No need to drive in circles around the block twenty times because of your pride.
46. “Swag” will never pay your bills.
47. Don’t worry about finding the right girl. Focus on being the right guy.
48. Offer your seat to a lady. No matter how old she is.
49. Believe in yourself.
50. Never send a text or photo you wouldn’t share or show your mom or sisters.
51. If you can’t be kind, be quiet.
52. Never date someone that is cheating on someone to be with you. Don’t fool yourself into believing they won’t cheat on you.
53. Drugs aren’t as cool as others will lead you to believe.
54. Always be benevolent. Yes, that’s a word. Look it up.
55. Work hard at everything you do.
56. You don’t have to be an old man to know right from wrong.
57. Never use the word gay in a derogatory manner. It’s ignorant.
58. Never be a bully.
58. Don’t get married before you can legally drink.
59. While I can’t wait to be able to be your friend, I am too busy being your mom now.
60. Good friends are hard to come by, value the true ones you have.
61. You can talk to me about ANYTHING! And if not me, please talk to someone else!
Here lately I have noticed the way society teaches girls/ladies how they “should be”. Sadly, witnessing it makes me realize how different it was from when I was a little girl. I wish I could say I will forever be able to protect you from hatred and ignorance. I can however promise to teach you what you I would like the three of you to believe in.These days girls are taught to be as skinny as possible. If you are over weight you are almost certain to be picked on. Now a days this is what I see plastered everywhere from stores, tv, magazines, social media, etc etcI can’t even begin to tell you how sad it makes me. Obviously, it has been far too long since icons like these two lovely ladies were what people felt were healthy. (above: Rita Hayworth below: Marilyn Monroe)This is what I want you to know. I am guilty of letting society bully me in to believing I am not what I should be. I am absolutely over weight. Am I happy about that fact? Of course not! I haven’t always been the size I am today. I also am not the biggest I have ever been. I have failed miserably in every “diet attempt” I have made. When that didn’t “do the trick”, I took extreme measures. I had a weight loss surgery. Yes, I dropped 50 lbs quicker than I ever had. I am not telling you to run out and have a surgery. Quite the opposite actually. I wish I knew then what I know now. I now know I desperately want to have this lapband taken out of me as soon as my health insurance will approve it. I now know that even after I got pregnant again in 2008 and had it completely emptied that 5 years later not having had it filled again it still makes me sick. I told myself 6 years ago that I wanted the surgery so that I could be “healthy”. So that I could have more energy and have more time with all of you. But I am sure you will all remember when you are grown the look on my face when my food gets stuck. How many nights I have to walk away from the dinner table because I am sick, only to finally come back and all of you are done eating. That doesn’t feel like more quality time, it feels like I loose precious moments with my family that I will never get back. No one ever warned me what I was going to be up against. And unfortunately, it isn’t only the lapband that causes these issues. I have many close friends that have done several different weight loss surgeries and every single one of them have some different side effect from their surgeries as well. To name a few: hair loss, throwing up, excess skin after loosing weight so rapidly, and probably the most frustrating one after going through a surgery to loose weight would be weight gain! After all of these years of “dieting” and then the extreme decision to have a surgery I have finally discovered a few things. First and foremost I wish I had never had a weight loss surgery! I am not by any means judging anyone else in their decisions, this is my personal view about my situation. I feel that the reason I have never been able to loose weight and keep it off is because I was “dieting” and not living healthy! I would shed the pounds I wanted and go right back to a bad life style! I am very fortunate to have your daddy that adores me the way I am. He never fails in letting me know how beautiful he thinks I am and telling me how much he loves me daily. I now know I don’t need to be rail thin or the size I was in high school to be happy. I now realize that….A certain size or weight is no longer my goal. I don’t need to be a size 2 or 4 to be healthy. I don’t need a fad diet. I need to be healthy! I need to eat healthy. I need to live healthy! Does this mean no random stop for an ice cream with my monsters? No way! Does it mean I need to kill myself all day every single day in the gym? Nope! I just need to exercise! This is what I want for you three beauties! Live healthy! Be healthy! Be happy! Know that no matter what anyone else says you are unique, smart, beautiful inside and out, different, witty, & perfect in your own way. Know that no matter what your daddy & I will ALWAYS be here for you and will NEVER turn our backs on you. We will forever love you unconditionally! Believe in God, believe in yourself, be confident, never let anyone else’s views shape who you are! I love you more than you will ever know. Remember…When you have ups and downs that are sure to come…In your darkest hour NEVER ever give up your faith…Be full of…Never try to be something you’re not…You should always…Unfortunately…I pray that your Dad & I do a good enough job raising you that you never feel we are one of those people. We will never loose sight of how blessed we are to be your parents. Never forget…It wasn’t easy for me to share this so publicly on my blog. But I needed to do it for the three of you. I know society & the media will always paint a different picture. But I pray you girls will learn from my mistakes! Love, Mama
Is today really only Wednesday? Getting used to our new schedule has been interesting to say the least. I think it’s safe to say we had all (with the exception of my love) gotten spoiled by sleeping in this summer. Or at least until the sun had come up. The only one getting more rest this week is my precious lil Bitty! She has somehow slept past ten every day this week. Now I need to figure out a way to get to sleep at a decent hour so I won’t feel like a zombie in the morning!