For my husband’s 40th birthday party he requested chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. I ended up making chocolate cupcakes with butterfinger pieces inside, with this peanut butter frosting, and sprinkled with butterfinger. He loved them.
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1/4 cup crushed butterfinger (optional)
- In an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and butter on medium until completely smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the remaining ingredients, beating until fully incorporated.
- Increase speed to medium high and beat the frosting for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Once cake or cupcakes are completely cooled you can spread or pipe frosting.
- This batch makes enough for a dozen cupcakes.
- I sprinkled them with crushed Butterfinger that I ran through the food processor. About 12 mini butterfinger.
- Many people said the frosting tasted like Reeses peanut butter cups.
Celebrated my husband’s upcoming 40th birthday tonight with tons of family and friends. It was a perfect evening full of fun, laughter, & a little music. Friends traveled from near and far to be here for this big milestone.
It’s really okay if I’m not your cup of tea. I don’t mind. There are a few out there that aren’t mine either. Be who you are!
A full weekend spent busting our asses to make big changes upstairs in our home. Had to miss events we would have loved to be at, but we picked this weekend a month ago to do this and I’m so glad we did!
Our almost 12 year old now has her own freshly painted and decorated bedroom that she’s yet to stop talking about. Our five and almost 8 year old are now proud roomies and Bitty kissed her toddler bed goodbye. And our game room had a huge over haul and turned half of the room in to a play area for our girls.
Sometime in the next few months we will paint our game room and laundry room. I may already have colors picked out.