For my husband’s 40th birthday party he requested chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. I ended up making chocolate cupcakes with butterfinger pieces inside, with this peanut butter frosting, and sprinkled with butterfinger. He loved them.
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1/4 cup crushed butterfinger (optional)
- In an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and butter on medium until completely smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the remaining ingredients, beating until fully incorporated.
- Increase speed to medium high and beat the frosting for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Once cake or cupcakes are completely cooled you can spread or pipe frosting.